Powerhire have had a brilliant summer season of events and festivals in 2018. We’ve had the privilege of working again with some of our long term customers and the pleasure of working with new ones. There’s nothing more satisfying than a happy customer and knowing that all our hard work is appreciated. That’s why when
Powerhire have had a brilliant summer season of events and festivals in 2018.
We’ve had the privilege of working again with some of our long term customers and the pleasure of working with new ones.
There’s nothing more satisfying than a happy customer and knowing that all our hard work is appreciated. That’s why when our customers come back asking us to help them out for temporary power we are always honoured by their loyalty and happy to help.
This year we’ve had the great pleasure of working again with a long standing customer of ours, Innovation Power, on some exciting festivals including supplying power once again for Wilderness Festival at the beautiful Cornbury Park in Oxfordshire; the colourful immersive spectacular Spanish festival that is Elrow Town, back for its 2nd outing in London, bringing some of the biggest DJ’s in the world with them and hosting circa., 15,000 people per day and Arcadia who celebrated their 10th anniversary in spectacular style following its recent world tour with their first ever London festival hosting circa., 17,000 people per day, both taking place at the famous Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford; The Southport Weekender returning to host their second outdoor London festival; The DnB heaven Hospitality in the Park bringing together all things drum & bass in one place; Abode in the Park, the all-day electronic music festival with the mighty Groove Armada topping the bill with both of these incredible days taking place over one weekend at the iconic Finsbury Park, London and marking one of the last London music events of the summer season. If that wasn’t enough, we also introduced some new events to our calendar this year; We Are Festival, the UK’s most celebrated dance festival and the brand new Kaleidoscope Festival at the iconic Alexander Palace and Park. In total Powerhire provided around 100 event generators ranging from 30kVA to 500kVA and over 50 2000 and 3000 litre fuel tanks for these fabulous festivals.
We were delighted to have been asked to provide power once again in 2018 for the following events. Equipment included temporary event generators ranging from 19kVA to 750kVA, fuel tanks and ancillary products;
- The mighty ‘Beast’, the world’s largest inflatable assault course at Betteshanger which also included the provision of our new Lighting Towers.
- Paddle Round the Pier the world’s biggest beach and water sport charity festival in Brighton.
- The Vicars Picnic based in the beautiful Kent countryside of Yalding providing distribution and lighting towers as well as event power.
- The War & Peace Revival, the greatest celebration of military history and vintage lifestyle in the world at Kent’s iconic and historic landmark The Hop Farm.
- Broadstairs Folk Week, an immersive family festival on the beautiful Kent coast with more than 500 separate events taking place over the week.
- Canterbury Theatre, Kent’s International Arts Festival, one of the most important cultural events in the South East.
- The legend that is Cropredy, Fairport Convention’s sell out folk and rock music festival in the village of Cropredy that’s been running for over 3 decades supplying event generators to power the campsites, showering facilities, lighting, the main stage & arena, the first aid field hospital tent, merchandise stands and the usual food & beverage stalls across the site.
- Broadstairs Food festival, a much loved celebration of delicious regional food and drink, chef demonstrations and workshops.
- The oldest tennis tournament in the world, Wimbledon, for the qualifiers at Roehampton and the finals at the famous Wimbledon All England Lawn Tennis Club powering up the security x-ray machine, outside and on-site broadcasting along with lighting towers for the car parks.
- The prestigious Royal Ascot, one of Britain’s most well-known racecourses that has become just as famed for the wonderful outfits that are worn as well as the horse racing. Powerhire supplied 300 & 500kVA generators and fuel tanks for the Ascot Village.
We have also had the privilege on working with some wonderful new customers for some fantastic events including:-
- International Horse Trials set on the North Downs in the beautiful Kentish village of Chilham and against the beautiful backdrop of Chilham Castle, suppling a 60kVA road tow generator and distribution for this equestrian spectacular.
- Mizuno Endure 24, Glastonbury for runners! Based over two sites, Leeds and Reading, it is a 24 hour running party in the woods with music and events in the village. Powerhire supplied 6 x 20 and 30kVA generators and lighting towers to ensure that the runners could find their way through the woods once the sun had set.
- Farnborough Village Music Festival returning for its second year. A local festival, for local bands that benefits local charities as well as the community supplying a 60kVA silenced road tow generator.
- Margate Soul Festival, based around Margate Old Town, Margate Harbour and Margate Winter Gardens, played host to some greats including Deniese Williams, Atlantic Starr and Fatback Band. Powerhire supplied 30 & 45kVa generators, cable, distribution and fuel tanks for this wonderful event.
- Tribute to Rock Festival at The Hop Farm, Kent. Due to the positive work carried out by Powerhire at the War & Peace Revival the customer asked us to provide power for this ultimate tribute to rock with the best rock tribute acts in Europe coming to Kent for the first time. Powerhire supplied 60 & 100kVA generators.
We couldn’t have asked for a better summer, the sun was shining, the vibe was electric and the music was pumping! We hope we have contributed in creating a happy and memorable summer for the thousands of event/festival goers this year with many more to come.